Friday, February 27, 2015

Time for Everything

Yes,  it has been a while.

Let's just say that this has been a truly chaotic winter.  We've been facing everything from a taste of frozen driveway (800 ft.  Long and uphill both ways) to finding out that my wife's dog has cancer.  Compared to this,  recent happenings lightyears away didn't make the impression it should have.  Then  the news hit that Leonard Nimoy had died of lung disease.  The news of the loss seems to have a fitting place in the cosmos I'm creating here.

And speaking cosmically,  I have begun to pull together a consensus from all the programs I've watched: We will have to colonize the stars,  if someone else hasn't done it already.  Duh!  In the meantime,  all they can seem to find to argue about is the Ark's drive system and whether the crew goes out awake or as a corpsicle.  When I think of all the pure science experiments that there are to run,  it takes all the fun out of a 30 year nap.  I will admit that sometimes I feel I could really use one.  But I would be far too busy to get far into it.

The drive question,  though,  has legs to it.  Well,  except that everyone would love to use anti-matter...  Even that,  though,  may not be the ideal prime mover.  As a power source,  it's fine.  I mean the mile-per-gallon rating can't get any better. 100% efficiency is hard to beat. It still doesn't get you from A to B. I  figure that applying all that energy scooped up solar wind makes the most sense.  Anything better is going to take a theoretical breakthrough, so we will have to give it a pass. We can't count on a major coup.

The point is that the people on the inside is still not getting the big picture. I'm going to take a risk here and say that I think we need a new approach.  I have this energy matrix concept and it is holding up to a scary extent.  No real matter,  just the equivalent energy in a more or less stable form. It even makes sense of chemistry, which I would have given long odds against back in college.  You end up with two forms of energy: fixed and radiant.  Fixed energy is in a stable matrix form that we 'macro people' perceive as matter. It inhabits its own bit of space.  To make any sense of this,  there has to be at least 6 dimensions.  The three we can see and 3 more to hold the space frame. Look at the way it simplifies something like refraction.  Radiant energy in the form of photons or whatever comes close,  gets changed by the energy of the (or charged) stable matrix and will take a different path.

I think that what will make a huge difference is if we can find out how to nail down the stable matter.  Next we engineer a drive that will grab hold of space and pull the ship along with it. Will it be limited to the speed of light? I have no idea.  I have a hard time dealing with limits ;')

No comments:

Post a Comment