Friday, August 1, 2014

Recently In a Galaxy Very Very Nearby

With that out of the way, let's start digging. Like any good Hole, it helps to start at the beginning- the Monobloc.

Got that concept? Good! We're going to have to talk about Time... or really 'time'. The difference seems to be that Big T doesn't exist. At least not in the way that some physicists and cosmologists have been slinging it around. I suppose that this is going to upset a lot of people. Especially the ones whose view of the universe depends heavily on it. By Big T Time, I mean the concept of Time as almost a sacred thing. I'm definitely pointing at those who love using a Time variable in equations (you know who 'm talking about Albert E.).

Instead, let's leave it at small t time. I mean a simple measurement of interval- 'the time between New York and Boston by train is...'. This neatly takes care of any questions you may have about the nature of time. It also punches a neat hole through this "Space-Time I keep hearing about. No such thing. Sorry. It's semantics. Certainly it takes 1 (Earth) year of time for light to go 186000x60x60x24x365.25 miles. That kind of concrete measure is pretty simple.

Ok, that's settled. Now I can go back to a couple of things I glossed over in the above paragraph- the expansion off space and holes come to mind.

First Theory: Cosmology. I need to float this one out there. I can't prove it, but it seems reasonable. The universe MAY be cyclic. I don't think anyone has the proper perspective to speak authoritatively on this subject. We all have our favorite theory and I'll bet a billion dollars that mine is right :^). Anyway, in my universe, I can explain something that's clearly bugging physicists- the "fact" that every other body of stars is receding from the Milky Way- Bubbles. Or balloons, if you want to think of it that way. Consider: every body occupies a fixed position in the fabric of  space and, like a bubble or balloon, space itself is expanding. As space expands, every body will be seen to be moving away from every other body as the space between them increases. As for the rest of it, perhaps space is expanding faster and faster, which is why other galaxies seem to be accelerating.

Holes: black and white and what that means. Physicists are also hot and bothered by all the 'missing' matter in the universe. And maybe even the energy. Dark matter and dark energy. The obvious connecting points for the two halves of the universe are the holes- black holes on our side are white holes on the other side. Looked at that way, the total matter and energy are a lot closer to accounted for. I don't know if they've taken the masscon suspended in black holes into account. There isn't a lot of accessible chatter about cosmology on the internet. Perhaps their minds are elsewhere...

Ah, yes, the cyclical part. If it turns out to be true, then our universe may shrink back to a point, switch 'polarity', and pop again.

In closing, I'm sorry to say that this probably shoots down Time travel. I don't know that you could revisit events that have already occurred, but I seriously doubt you could experience things that haven't happened yet. And, yes, I've considered switching 'polarity', traveling to what would be 'the past', looking around, and then reversing the procedure. I just can't think of a good reason why it would work, even if someone can engineer it. It would assume that we are all duplicated on the other side and everything happens the same.

I think that's enough for now. Despite all the universal energy, typing has used enough of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment